Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide consultation on contractual logistic agreements
2. Oversee appropriate applications of logistic activities on hazardous & non-hazardous substances.
3. Conduct periodic reviews and/or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed as per the company quality management system (QMS) and
environmental management system (EMS) under ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 including other quality standards.
4. Act as the appointed Quality Management Representative (QMR) of the company.
5. Maintain TAPA certification, make regular internal audits and initiate changes if required; implement TAPA in locations.
6. Ensure compliance with AEO and other governmental security initiative/ regulations.
7. Conduct or jointly conduct investigations on both internal and external compliance issues.
8. Assess tasks, compliance, or operational risks and exercise risk management strategies.
9. Conduct environmental audits to ensure adherence to Occupational Health and Environmental standards as per the country legislations.
10. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
11. Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
12. File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
13. Evaluate testing procedures to meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
14. Supervise and monitor all known and newly arising key risks that could lead to substantial losses.
15. Systematically identify, record, analyze, evaluate and find optimum means/options to mitigate or transfer risks.
16. Coordinate formation of contingency, business continuity and emergency response plans.
17. Keep management closely informed and prepare periodical regional office risk management system reports.
18. Ensure that risk management systems are implemented effectively and followed in all departments.
19. Develop and maintain company’s safety and security policy.
20. Establish, implement, maintain and audit effective security regulations and procedures to protect the security of personnel and properties of the company as well as
3rd parties whilst they are under the care of the company.
21. Review subcontractors’ practices and identify areas for improvements in cargo handling, loss/damage and security.
22. Visit all locations regularly and work with staff concerned to identify trends/problems and solutions in the risk, security and cargo loss/damage environment.
23. Initiate activities to create awareness on security and cargo loss/damage prevention within the company operation activities.
24. Provide support to clients for security and cargo damage/loss related queries.
25. Take charge of all operational insurance policies: Freight forwarding liability, all risk, property and 3rd party insurance policies for example.
26. Pursuance of claims with respective parties, handle, follow up claims with relevant parties, insurance companies and all stack-holders in the claim supply chain.
27. Keep abreast on new developments.
28. Conduct official orientation to all new staff members as per the requirement of the company: Behavior Base Safety, Compliance, Basic Hazardous and Non-
Hazardous Chemical training and Safety training as per the country and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Qualification and other requirements
Candidate must possess at least Higher Secondary/STPM/"A" Level/Pre-U, Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate
Diploma/Professional Degree in any field.
Required language(s): English, Bahasa Malaysia
At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Preferably Manager specialized in Others/Category not available or equivalent.
Able to work independently