A) Job Purpose
The art director is responsible for the overall visual aspects of an advertising or media campaign and coordinates the work of other artistic or design staff, such as
graphic designers.Ensure that their clients' desired message and the image is conveyed to consumers.
B) Roles and Responsibilities
• To conceptualize creative ideas and designs to produce outstanding output and projects completion
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Present and defend and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
• Create storyboards and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
• Collaborate with brand communication team to define and implement innovate solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
• Propose the appropriate method for each project based on the budget provided
• Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
• Amend final designs to gain full approval
• Maintain high-quality standards of all final printed materials
• Creative and innovative to meet expectation and deadlines to complete projects of our valued client
• Study the creative marketplace, assess client’s work stands against competitors’ as well as clients’ competitors’ creative work
• Directing the creative function so that the environment, team capabilities, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and
• Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the client’s marketing and branding efforts for new project/idea development
• Present creative rationale
• Help key clients achieve their goals for brand and marketing campaigns which involve print and online communications
• Work hand-in-hand with our Copywriter to provide creative solutions designed to work better
• Able to direct and guide the team members to achieve success in projects
• Promote and strengthen the standards of design, ideation and culture of the company
• To develop creative ideas and communications objectives according to management’s requirements and transform them into innovative concepts and designs, in a
professional and timely manner
• Responsible in helping to determine and implement the visual component of brand strategy
• Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Management / Superior from time to time
C) Key Performance Areas / Indicators
• Delivering captivating and creative design solution
• Produce effective design within budget
• Deliver collateral within deadlines
• Able to work as team with Creative & Brand Comm
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Client satisfaction rating
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Degree in Art/Design/Creative Multimedia or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in related field.
• Must demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, design and execute a variety of projects primarily in the area of trade materials, consumer and corporate events.
• Possess the ability to adhere to strict brand guidelines without compromising on design and creativity.
• Must be meticulous and detail oriented.
• Able to take direction and constructive criticism.
• Must be pro-active and possess the ability to work independently on multiple design projects.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign. Premier Pro, After Effects). Microsoft Office, and familiar with Windows and Macintosh-based
• An ability to do video editing, 3D modeling, audio editing and an interest in technology and programming is a definite advantage.