• Manage databases servers (SQL, Oracle) and assist in capacity planning.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance,
availability, and security.
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
• Perform query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after office hours.
• Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements.
• Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data
• To study and convert legacy reports (primarily Business Objects) to Cognos BI solutions.
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users.
• Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented.
• Resolve end user reporting problems through collaboration with IT team and Operations.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
•To perform any other duties assigned by immediate superior from time to time
Min Diploma/ Degree in Science Computer/ Information Technology or equivalent
2-3 years of working experience in the related field
At least 1 year or more of programming experience in JDE tools - ERW/FRW, Cognos Power Play 7.3, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net and/or C++
Relational database experience such as Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or higher shall be an added advantage
Excellent English& Bahasa Malaysia verbal and written communication
Able to start work immediately or with short notice will be an advantage
Applicants must be willing to work in Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park,Batu 3,Shah Alam