- Primary responsible for Malaysia businesses financial control effectiveness, financial and management reporting and business partnering with functional group and business units.
- Key business partner together with Business Leadership Team to drive the business performance for Malaysia.
- Maintain strong internal control environment including process, policy, education, as well as compliance to regulatory and policy requirement
- Managing the entire spectrum of the financial function including financial planning, compliance with US SEC accounting standards and regulations, reporting and control of the business operations.
- Ensure the financial statements are prepared in accordance with approved accounting standards and group policies, timely submission of reports to head office and statutory bodies.
- Preparation and review of budgets, forecast, variance analysis, cash and funds flow statements.
- Hands on and fully responsible for the preparation of job costing, analyze variances, provide input for continuous operation improvement.
- Play an active role in supporting business growth through providing financial analysis on the profitability and validity of business plan.
- Timely resolution of issues, identify root cause and recommend preventive/ detective measures.
- Member of Malaysia Institute of Accountant/ recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Demonstrate financial & management accounting experience in a complex region with diverse business models and manufacturing environment.
- At least 12 years’ experience, including 5 years in management role at international manufacturing environment. Prior work experience in audit firm is a plus.
- Think out of the box and strategic mindset
- Good understanding of GAAP (US and Malaysia preferred)
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- Detail oriented. Willing to do a deep dive to drive compliance and accuracy of reporting.
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to manage conflicting schedules and priorities.
- Strong business partnering skills.
- Strong control mindset and strong conviction and influencing skill to drive control processes and build a sound control environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: RM12,000.00 to RM15,000.00 /month